Sunday, June 04, 2006

You Put Your Whole Head In, You Put Your Whole Head Out...







Heads. How I loathe them, but then one day, after I woke up at a friend's house. I decided to just draw heads and work on structure. I spent 2 hrs trying to figure out the skull and I think I learned something in the drawing I posted first, even though the heads before that came first. It's funny to see the small transitions and thinking processes when I told myself to draw a bigger box so I could see the head better, and it worked! I'm starting to understand strucutre a little better, I just hope I can stray away from the general skull onto more caricaturing now.

3 Comments:

At 12:23 a.m., Blogger DAKILA said...

Hey Jackie, I'd definitely agree that you're showing some improvement based on that last (first) drawing.

Keep in mind though that the head isn't one big mass, it is made up of two seperate parts: the cranium and the jaw. At the moment, your drawings could reflect that more.

 
At 11:36 p.m., Blogger Jackie said...

Sounds good daks, I'll try that out!

 
At 10:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home