Monday, May 22, 2006

Sunday Bloody Sun...er...Monday...



Faces, Faces, Faces. You can be so pleased to see a face that you adore, remember, have touched, have lovingly gazed at, and other times you loathe the very sight of someone. Then again, that's if you can remember the face of a person at all, ha ha. Anyways, enough poetic brain regurgitation. I drew this face on my way to work. I'm finding it harder and harder to get some drawing time in as my job at Future Shop grows more intense by the day.



After attending my very first Bobby Chiu Sketchgroup session on Sunday, May 7th, 2006, I realized that I had become more passionate about my drawing. I had this burning desire to get better. I am currently trying to follow Bobby's teachings of linear structure and the sketches hopefully will improve over time. My willingness to put myself through hell by learning something new comes first, and I'm positive that the improvement will come later. I just need patience and a will to persevere. Dedication? Piece of cake ;)



Oh god, the structure....tremble and quake in fear....*shudder*



Now here was something interesting. I have never had a person realize that I'm drawing them before. As soon as this person saw my pencil scratching madly at it's arch nemesis "Mr. Tony Toned Paper" he became abnormally more magazine-coveresque. He brushed his hair (which I might add was really effing cool) to the side, adjusted his earphones, and smiled as I drew. What a cutie.



American Idols from a magazine. I tried to realize the structure on something that wasn't moving, however, I usually hate doing this, because it always feels like the drawing comes out dead and flat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home