Thursday, June 01, 2006

Focus! Concentrate! Think Structurally!







Well, I went back to Bobby's Boxes (heheh I think I coined a term, anyways) and I've steadily noticed a slight improvement in heads. I'm still trying to figure out caricaturing because that is so difficult to achieve. It's mind wracking. How do you begin to learn how to make things look right, then go off to distort it so it ALSO looks right.

My body feels like it's going to fall apart, but my mind burns to go on. I'm feeling wicked guys, pure wicked awesome. It seems after drawing a lot, my ambition, dedication and inspiration has come back to burn with a fiery passion. I'm motivated to draw more which is great.

I do have to thank Future Shop though for providing my motivation to draw. It's been....interesting...working there without thinking of art at all. It just shows me how badly I miss it when I come home and draw on the subway or go to x-life after working 8 hrs a day.

I noticed that on one of the model's knees, her knee cap area looked like a face after I had drawn it. It was odd how I was drawing faces then after studying her knee, it looked like a face. Cute coincidence. I also repeated the scribble-creatively excericise and came up with two unlikely creations. It was a lot of fun though and a very different approach to how I think. I also did a small study of how Bobby Chiu does profile faces.

Mr. Conte, I love you. More posts to come!

1 Comments:

At 10:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home