Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Third Time's A Charm



Yorkdale Mall Sketching = Fun!



People who pass out at the mall dining area are hilarious. They also make greeeaatttt models. I highly recommend cafe sketching to anyone just learning how to draw, or anyone in art for that matter. There's something about cafe sketching that reminds me of the old romantic era of Paris and Italy. Maybe it's the whole idea of the romantic artist, but some day I want to go there and do the REAL "cafe" sketching. Oh well, I can dream crazily can't I?



Going back to Bobby Chiu's teachings of Linear Structure, I attempted to use this new technique on an unlikely character, my neighbour's cat, Arthur. Arthur is a black cat that is ridicoulously friendly, not to mention weird. Anyways, the point is, he has a great face and I really tried to structure it out here. I just wish he would stay still sometimes...



There's nothing like a pidgeon to brighten up a bad sketch day.



There was a guy named Mark at Bobby's Sketchgroup and I attempted to caricature him, or at least make a drawing that resembled him...somewhat. Haha! I got a long way to go. Although, he did have a beard, and glasses, and hat, something just doesn't feel right, and I think it could be...you guessed it, STRUCTURE! Back to the drawing board ;)



I couldn't get enough of Arthur, so I drew more of him.



Skimping on the hair so I can concentrate on the face. Baby steps...baby steps..

6 Comments:

At 10:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT ?!?!? NO Nude people ?!?!?!
What's up with that ?!?! WE WANT NUDE PEOPLE! WE WANT NUDE PEOPLE!

 
At 12:26 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:22 a.m., Blogger Jackie said...

Hahaha. Thanks

 
At 2:24 a.m., Blogger Lynn Sibley said...

you're getting better definitly. some nice stuff, jackie :D
one thing you are doing is squishing the top of the skull, though. remember eyes are halfway points. i keep lengthening my skulls.
i really like some of your cafe drawing stuff. the one sleeping guy is great

 
At 2:21 p.m., Blogger alvin said...

hey jackie good shit here man. hey i was wondering if you could hook me up with the number to get a room in your house. But if your house is full, can you still give me her number because maybe she'll know some other people that have a room. thanks so much jackie and have a great summer.

 
At 9:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home