Thursday, June 22, 2006

How Can Anyone Not Like Feet? - X-Life Studies






Okay gang, these were some studies I was doing at X-life recently. I think this was around the week of June 17th (it's good to date your sketches so that you can see how fast you're improving or what you need to change to improve faster)
and I have to say, studying body parts is really pretty fun. I always was pretty fascinated with National Geographics or the Discovery channel whenever they had science related to the human body.

I guess it's just natural that my curiosity with the human body carrys over to art. In any case, I enjoyed studying feet and arms and hopefully I can carry my fascination and enthusiasm for it to other parts of the body.

There is much to work on, but what Jackie X-life is complete without a contour of some sort. Body contour down for the count and I definitely enjoyed filling a page of feet. The idea came from my friend Andrew's (See Links) blog where he put up all his talented life drawing sketches.

5 Comments:

At 11:00 p.m., Blogger jason said...

what i have found that has really helped me out recently is copying from Bridgeman's. if you're trying to figure out how a body part works just copy down a bunch of his stuff and will do wonders

:)

 
At 11:00 p.m., Blogger jason said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:40 a.m., Blogger Dragon2524 said...

That was a blind contour, right? The drawing of a torso with an arm+leg.

Your drawings are getting a lot better, compare to what I have now.
I was trying to go to Ext-life everyday to improve my drawing, but I always ended up busy with other work. Not that I'm complaining or anything, it's just that I didn't have the time to do that.

'guess I have to plan out a different schedule then.

(-__-)....

Oh yeah. Have fun with the rest of your summer off, and good luck to your first year of Animation.

(^__^)

 
At 9:52 a.m., Blogger Alexiev said...

Great study...

 
At 12:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home